Sorry for this one being late was suppose to post it yesterday but i lent my laptop to a friend
Finally touched down in taipei and I got to say it was quite the trip from. In total it took us 19 hours to get from montreal there but it wasn't an enjoyable flight. I was stuck in the center isle like a sardine with no leg room, had a migraine but eventually I made it. Food on flight wasn't the greatest but I didn't expect it to be all in all Its making me dread my trip from taipei – van-toronto-st johns in one shot!
Airport
Medical Team And our tour guide in at the airport in taipei
Jonathan Guinta Chef De Mission
AJ being all sad :P
Anyway though we got to Taipei and I snapped a bunch of shots along the way and of the athletes everyone was pretty plane weary so we never did much photo taking just here and there. The registration was held up due to some officials not being there so that took a little longer then anticipated, and mine and few others bags were left on the bus, enough of the stuff that went wrong or slow now for taipei
The City is beautiful!! I could spend hours on a single street shooting! There is such a mix of old and new of freshly painted and peeling its all so mesmerizing and the amount to stores just around the hotel is mind boggling some are just little slits in the wall. Richard and I, the other photographer, took a romp out to find the camera street . It was pretty hard to miss all plastered with nikon,canon and sony labels. Every store had just about everything you could be looking for. Besides the 300mm 2.8 canon lens that Richard was hoping to pick up cheap. He should of known better to try and pick it up through an official store that it wouldn't be much of a price difference. I hoping the underground market will have some better deals on the few accessories i'm looking for. Also Taipei apparently likes to have downpours so I should really pick up an umbrella for my stay.
I haven't sampled the local food yet. Mostly cause I dunno where to go I did however get some subway last night.. which I probably shouldn't of since the lettuce was likely washed in tap water but i'm not dead yet so I guess I lucked out. Complimentary breakfast is in an hour or so gonna enjoy that before I figure out what i'm gonna do for the rest of the day since our media meeting is on the 4th and we haven't been given bus passes or anything yet so I can't travel with the athletes even if I wanted to.
New things seen today/yesterday : palm trees, Buddhist monk begging(well not begging but sitting there with a bowl meditating) and REAL Oriental cooked food
Renee's training in Montreal
Renee and Ashley
One
Two
Three
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment