Yesterday was a grand ol time. Never had anything to do so I went for a wander to see if I could find a piece for my camera I accidentally left home sadly though its apparently a part that can only be ordered since its just a little plug that goes underneath. Its not a huge deal really since i'm mostly going to be shooting with my grip on which is what the socket is used for but when i'm out wandering the town I would of liked to have it. What was interesting about yesterday was a lot of the shops I passed were closed turns out it was the annual ghost festival Ghost Festival which involves(from wiki) - Activities during the month would include preparing ritualistic food offerings, burning incense, and burning joss paper, a papier-mache form of material items such as clothes, gold and other fine goods for the visiting spirits of the ancestors - I thought it was pretty neat.. i'll know more once I chat with a couchsurfing friend I msged to have coffee with sometime :). needless to say I never got the part I did get some sun and figure out a little more lay of the land.
The rest of yesterday was spent hanging out with the medical team and beach volleyball crowd and much hilarity ensued (refer to photos). BV is about a hour outside of Taipei so it was a nice jaunt out.. when we got there I was kinda surprised at the condition of the beach.. apparently Taiwan gets a lot of wood washed up on there shores so they had some heavy equipment down there moving piles of logs.. I have no idea if they plan to have it all cleaned up by the time volleyball starts I guess we'll see.
Are You physically possiable 1
Are you physically possiable 2
Apprently its a popular spot for wedding photos
After practice I had originally thought i'd be heading back to the hotel to hang out out Richard until today when we'd get out press passes and things for the games but our lovely tour guides Michelle and Sandy( who Dolphin picked on relentlessly , in good humor though) managed to get me in and up with the Canadian delegation sadly I never had any spare cards with me I still got a lot of great shots though even without my good lens. Anyway heres the shots enjoy!
I'll make a separate entry for todays craziness!
yellow shirts! ethese guys are out tour guides more or less.. they make sure we don't get into to much trouble
neat looking fishies and crabs these guys will end up in the soup pot at some point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment